Whatuppers my fellow nerds….it’s been awhile. I have been having internet woes as I await the cable company to come and install internet which is why the reason for no posts as of lately (if you noticed). In the meantime, I decided to try one of those personal wi-fi dongles and needless to say….I would rather use dial up. There is an upside though. When you don’t have internet, you learn to be creative and find other ways to get your online tasks done.
- Find a locked network and spend your day trying to guess the password – I haven’t had any luck with this yet, but I’m determined to guess one password before the day I die.
- Hang out with people that have iPhones – Being the nerd that I am, you would figure I have one but I don’t. The thought of touch screens scare me. Plus, everyone has one of these things so why buy one?
- Go to the Apple Store – free internet and use of their products. Need I say more? Just be sure to keep rotating through the different machines so the employees don’t catch on to you.
- Forget technology – remember paper and pen? What happened to the good ‘ole days? Send a real letter….the recipient will be more appreciative (although you may lose the client due to slow response time)
- Go to the library – Yes nerds, remember those? People actually used them B.G. (before Google). Give it a try, you’ll be surprised at what you find (or don’t find).
With that being said, the slow ass cable company will hopefully be here this week so I can get back up and running. To all those who I owe emails/responses, I haven’t flaked….the letter is in the mail.